Views from a Paris window   +  vintage

Dior: Then and Now

photo from Flickr

I happened upon these vintage Dior pictures and I was mesmorized by their beauty and feminity. This first picture really represents my taste. I just love everything about it- the location (most likely a Paris apartment), the muted colors, the tiered dress, the candelabra in the background abounding with shiny prisms, and the model's graceful heel peeping from beneath her dress. Ahh. So beautiful and romantic.

photo from Flickr

I don't care how out of place or even old fashioned I would look, I would wear a pair of shoes like these if I found a pair. Of course, I am on a very tight budget, so they would have to be about $20 or less! Maybe I'll happen upon a pair at an old, very refined woman's yard/estate sale!!!! Probaby not here in Texas! I'd probably find a pair of gold tennis shoes instead!

photo from ELLE

So, haute couture, for me, is really just art. I always wonder how these designers can manipulate fabrics, makeup, and hair the way they do. I find it very interesting. However, I don't expect for their creations to pop up in my closet. I am guessing that these objets d'art not expected to ever be in many people's wardrobes. I love the peachy pink color (we'll call it Taffy) of this dress. And the structure of this dress reminds me of swirly ribbon candy. Now, if this model's hair was long and full of loose,long curls...

photo from ELLE

These photos are the closest thing that I have seen to a present-day Marie Antoinette runway! I love the white feathers! QUEL CHAPEAU!