Views from a Paris window   +  Romantique

A Lofty Artiste~Carolyn Quartermaine

It's literally been years that I've been scouring magazines, blogs, and interior design books to find the perfect concrete image that would depict the artist's loft I've designed in my mind. I've never been able to grasp and assemble the flashes of ideas from my mind's eye and mold them into an entire room... until Melissah invited me to her blog and I stumbled upon her post about
Carolyn Quartermaine.

Yes, in my narrow searches for Paris apartments, glamorous interiors, and French-inspired design, I've been "three clicks" away from discovering this amazing artist and inspiring source all along!

The lofty, feminine, artistic, romantic style of Carolyn Quartermaine's designs are the perfect portrayal of an artist's loft- a look I've wanted to incorporate into our guest room, now Amelia's room, since we renovated our home in 2005.

Simple canvases relaxing on an all white floor cradling creatively placed paint.

White walls, white floors, white tables all open to display Quatermaine's paintings, dabblings, tissus {fabrics}, florals, and patterns.

I am especially drawn to the juxtaposition of a simply-formed room accessorized with curvy chairs and ornate, gilded chandeliers.

Watercolors, Paintbrushes, Fresh Flowers, Fabrics- all essentials of an artist's loft.

While it may not be in my near future to apply such lofty, artistic design into our home's décor, these images have been placed into the "Dream Home" file-a file that is reserved for only the loftiest of designs.

Featured Artist- Carolyn Quartermaine

image sources: #1 mmforsberg.com; #2 alifemorefabulous.blogspot.com #3 lucyandi.blogspot.com ;

#4 feteetfleur.blogspot.com; #5 lucyandi.blogspot.com; #6 vi.sualize.us
#7 chicandluxe.blogspot.com; #8 gardenrooms.typepad.com