Views from a Paris window   +  Salle de bain

Ma salle de bain... Les autres coins... {the other corners}

For those of you who have chosen to follow along during my corner-to-corner decorating journey, here are the other romantique corners of our salle de bain. Click here to see the previous post of ma salle de bain.
Recognize the white flower arrangement in the vintage white soup tureen??? That was the centerpiece I created for my sister-in-law's surprise party inspired by Ladurée.
A couple weeks ago, I moved this arrangement from the garden tub ledge to the vanity. Now, it seems as if the vanity and the flower arrangement have finally met their perfect match.

a vintage dresser converted to a sink & vanity
Some of you may remember my post about this vanity that my husband and father and law created for this bathroom. Click here to see more.

I think that I've decided that no matter the design scheme I choose for this bathroom (from season to season), the elements on top of the vanity should remain in an all white palette~very serene and clean.

tall bathroom cabinet built by my husband. Click here to read more.

The elements above this cabinet need a major overhaul.
It wasn't until I photographed this picture that I realized the large DREAM garland is not even centered! I'm also a little embarrassed to admit that this garland was the first thing I hung up in our bathroom upon the completion of the renovation... eight years ago and I haven't moved it since! It's about time for a change.
I've also decided that the décor above this tall cabinet will be on a revolving door; I will change them from season to season.

There's something about these three vintage silver hand mirrors that I love. Perhaps it is the romantic in me; I can't help it.
I also love the sweet little vintage hat adorning the center mirror.

view behind door
Behind the door that opens to the bathroom is a simple, long vintage mirror and a brushed nickle hanger for hanging towels (one of the only store bought items in our bathroom). My sister-in-law bought this sweet vintage dress for Amelia when Amelia was 1.5 years old, and it is just too sweet to put away, so I have it on display.
This space may be a good place to change out vintage dresses (girls or womens) for coordinating with design changes.

And while visiting ma salle de bain, you mustn't forget to look up!
A white pressed tin ceiling spans the entire bathroom ceiling~the most beautiful thing to stare at during a hot soak in the garden tub.

And for the chandelier... that is for the next post!

images by à la parisienne