Views from a Paris window   +  Yellow

Shades of Spring~Buttercup and Jade

Interesting color combinations has been one of my interests since adolescence. I remember sitting under lamplight at a card table at my best friend's house as we created "designs" {or so we called them} which constituted of an assortment of Crayola markers in assundry colors and two young, silly girls' creativity. I had pages and pages of these débutant color combinations stashed away for future reference... Of course, in time the ink in these drawings faded and my cherished "artwork" ultimately ended up in the garbage can.

But the joy of combining different colors still hybernates in my mind, waiting to be awakened when I have time to create, and some days I stumble upon a unique combination, I am immediately transported to this childhood fascination.

This morning was one of those moments as I was searching for something to wear for our morning grocery errands.

Buttercup jacket & jade scarf and vintage jade costume jewelry

In my haste, I grabbed my faded buttercup jacket, a green cami, and one of my favorite jade-colored scarves, and a pair of jeans. And as Amelia and I walked out of the door for the day, I remembered the picture at the top of this post... and then my search began for
Buttercup and Jade.

A resourceful use of a pale yellow door...

A sweet welcome for your guests... This is a great use of a vintage cosmetic suitcase that seem to be plentious at flea markets!

and the sweetest sun-infused baby room... with white floors and ornate moulding {You know how I love both of these!}

I hope that you are enjoying spring! I have really enjoyed spending time outside with Amelia everyday. I think that the last 10 years of my life, I've totally missed this weather as I was trapped inside studying or working!

Image #1 This is Glamorous; #2 à la parisienne; #3 Country Living; #4 Country Living; #5 Most Lovely Things