Views from a Paris window   +  Valentine's Day

A Sweet Valentine

Before I share my handmade Valentine's gift with you, I want to thank you all for stopping by and taking the time to congratulate me on my Romantic Homes feature. When friends rejoice along side me, it makes the experience that much more special!

As a self-proclaimed romantic, Valentine's Day and all of the romantic things associated with Valentines (the flowers, the colors, the pretty papers) is a holiday that thoroughly inspires me.

This year I wanted to make something extra special for my little sweetheart- something delicate, something feminine, something of heirloom quality, so I decided to make Amelia a little satin heart pillow.

And as a non-traditional romantic, I decided to create this heart pillow from a vintage powdery aqua satin, which is a gorgeous piece of upcycled satin lining from the inside of a vintage winter coat.

Then I created a tulle/lace pocket and made it drape diagonally across the front for tucking in special momentos. {Amelia will enjoy this, I know.}

handmade Valentine card design was cut using a Cricut (a sweet friend has loaned it to me for a while.)

I used Anna Griffin's romantic scrapbook paper, and my new favorite Martha Stewart glitter to fashion this sweet little Valentine card.

I purposefully centered this heart pillow along the center seam of the satin coat lining to offer interest

I wanted to add some vintage romance to this Valentine's pillow, so I tucked in a tiny bouquet of vintage millinery. I like to call this shade of blue Austrian blue-it reminds me of Marie Antoinette, and it's velvet- I love it.

Before I give this pillow to Amelia, I plan to find one more special treat to slip into this pocket. Perhaps a piece of dark chocolate or perhaps a pair of vintage children's clip on earrings or a small sheet of pretty stickers... Either way, it won't be long before she tucks her own special momentos into this pocket ~~an old receipt, a tiny doll, or her favorite deer figurine that fits in the palm of her hand...

Happy Valentine's Day!!!
May yours be full of joy and love!

images by à la parisienne