Views from a Paris window   +  Restoration Hardward

Giftwrap à la Restoration Hardware

My Christmas giftwrapping theme this year was not planned; it just happened.
In a rush to wrap up a Chinese Christmas gift using recycled magazine pages, I stumbled upon my Restoration Hardware catalogue, and my creative gears began to roar out of control!!

Restoration Hardware combines a unique blend of styles: steampunk, scientist, and European farmhouse, and a unique blend of materials-burlap, linen, metals, and leather, and for those reasons, its style extremely alluring for both women and men.
That being said, using the pages from our gorgeous Restoration Hardware catalogue made it very easy to wrap each gift according to the taste of each recipient.

The gift above is wrapped in a muted gold paper, embellished with a Restoration Hardware cataloge page, slate gray satin ribbon, an antiqued bronze drapery ring and a swatch of tan linen fabric (to be used as a gift tag.)

This Restoration Hardware kitchen scene was the perfect page to use for my sister-in-law, Renée, who is the foodie in our family.

Her gift is wrapped in glossy white paper and embellished with a wide strip of burlap that is wrapped around the width of the box.

I used small brads to tack the burlap to the underside of the box. Those scrapbooking supplies always save the day when I need them!

I also wrapped the width of her gift with a thin silver wire, which helped to secure the antique fork to the top of her package. Notice that on the top of her gift, I also attached an oversized paperclip to the burlap to bring in a hint of modernity- I would have loved to slip an antique, handwritten recipe to the front of her box, but I don't have one!

For our uber cool brother-in-law, I decided to use gloss back paper and the image of the ultra sleek bar stools.
I call this the GQ package!
Using the same thin silver wire, I attached a random clock winder to the front of the gift to add a little steampunk style!

I also used a shiny metal brads to hold the thin silver wire in place.

This gift is for my hubby, and it is probably my favorite creation because everything just worked out perfectly for his package.

Aaron has always loved the antique look of filament lightbulb by Restoration Hardware, and since they are $15.00 each, we just have to be happy with enjoying them from the catalogue! So, I decided that this catalogue page was the perfect fit for him! (And it gives a little hint to what is inside of the package!)

Now, for la pièce de résistance-his gift topper- and actual lightbulb that is attached by two strands of thin silver wire!
Can giftwrapping get any more steampunk, scientific, and manly than this???

Best of all, my giftwrapping cost me zero dollars this year. Remember, this was last minute and I live over an hour away from a decent craft store. So, I used leftover giftwrapping paper from last year and scavenged the house for embellishments. Luckily, we like old things and rarely throw anything away!
I still have a couple more gifts to wrap, so perhaps after Christmas I will share them with you.

Until then, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
Your loyalty and friendships truly make my life a little brighter and I thank you for that!

images by à la parisienne