Views from a Paris window   +  Shabby Chic

Gift Wrap with a Dash of Shabby Chic

As promised, here is the first of my giftwrapped packages for adults. This sweet little package is actually for my mother-in-law {no worries} She doesn't read my blog, so it will still be a surprise.
As I have shared with you in the past in this post,
my mother in law's style is charm. She loves packages that are sweet and thoughtfully put together. When I stumbled upon this handmade ornament on Etsy by Under the Night Moon,I immediately ordered it and decided it would be the perfect gift topper.

My Christmas tree and other gifts are actually fashioned in a different style {more to come soon}
but the colors I have used in this package will definitely coordinate with my main color palette.

I used a thick glossy white European style wrapping paper as the base of this design.
Then I followed the advice of fellow friend & blogger Sande {A Gift Wrapped Life} to use left over strips of wrapping paper as an embellishment for my package. The gray wrapping paper with white snowflakes works quite well here. Of course, you do know how much I love gray!

I tied a seashell pink ribbon around the gift and created a large, loose bow.
Then used a paler shade of pink ribbon to attach the perfectly sweet shabby ornament for a perfectly sweet mother-in-law!
images by à la parisienne