Views from a Paris window   +  weddings

Dior-inspired Flower Girl {Basket}

Remember this Dior ensemble?
Whose color palette inspired the upcoming wedding of a young bride-to-be?

Remember the post about this Dior-inspired ring pillow?

Well, a few months after that post, she contacted me again requesting a flower girl basket.
So, I sent her an image of the handmade fabric flower cone my flower girl carried in my wedding (made by my mom) and proposed a Dior-inspired version:

~Black double-faced satin ribbon handles
~blushy nude brocade for the body
~ruffled vintage noir swiss dot fabric topped with a thin black velvet ribbon
~adorned with a handmade Parisienne petal flower pin
~lined in soft brushed satin in a creamy latte hue

Quite a decadent flower girl "basket" I would say!

a romantic Dior color palette: nude, champagne, a hint of blush and noir

I know I have said this before, but this flower girl cone is my favorite thing I've made so far. I felt inspired to make another one for myself. I also couldn't help but imagine the little flower girl's dress? What color is the dress? What style? I can only imagine!

To view more pictures/details of this handmade flower girl cone,

visit Weddings à la parisienne.

We will be busy with lots of summer activities including a little vacation, the rest of this month, so you may not see much of me or hear from me for a couple of weeks, but I'll be back soon!

images by à la parisienne - Runway image in collage source unknown