Views from a Paris window   +  Romantique

My Parisienne Boudoir

We'll call this the before shot. The bed still needs to be dressed with wonderful vintage and new pillows!

Since I began my blog almost two and a half years ago, I've been waiting to share my parisienne boudoir with you~my friends, my followers, my constant source of inspiration and encouragement.

I guess intimidation has been the major factor in my delay in sharing, along with waiting for a better camera, lens, and tripod. (I used the better camera and lens but no tripod.)

So, welcome to my parisienne boudoir.

A stack of new and vintage books near my dusty pink lamp.
This picture above is a great snapshot of my boudoir's color palette:dusty pink, peachy blush, and tea.

an antique bookshelf from Budapest, Hungary-that's what the dealer at the Canton, TX flea market told us anyway. It was a birthday gift from my sweet husband.
When we {my husband, father-in-law, and I} renovated our home in 2004/2005, I spent hours pouring over magazines and books for inspiration. Although my taste has evolved since then, I would have to say that our bedroom represents my style even better now than it did seven years ago.

a stack of vintage hat boxes in my favorite shade of aged gold

This photograph tells quite a story of my taste:


*I love old botanicals, and the very best ones are expensive and rare.

*I hang most of our pictures in our home from a thin wire from picture moulding.

*Hat boxes are quite parisienne, n'est-ce pas?

*The wall treatment in our room was inspired by Madeleine Castaing's boudoir in Paris, which can be viewed in the book Paris Rooms {pg. 26}

Notice the vertical stripes on the righthand side of the picture. These stripes were fashioned to mimic the dusty pink striped wallpaper in Madeleine Castaing's parisian bedroom.

So far, you've seen 1/2 of our romantique, parisienne bedroom. Of course, it is not complete by any means, and it is always work in progress. For example, I still hope to find the perfect fabric to make gorgeous pillows for the bed.

The other 1/2 of our room is my workspace. One of these days I will share it with you. It still needs a bit of "primping."

Up next, my parisienne salon.

images by à la parisienne