Views from a Paris window   +  blogger nominations

Kreativ Blogger Award & Nominations

A big MERCI to Dianna and Stephanie at Bonjour Madame for nominating me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Almost two weeks ago, these two lovely ladies "awarded" me and several other creative bloggers this award. In order to fully receive this award, I must share SEVEN interesting things about myself and pass this award on to SEVEN other creative bloggers!

Things you may not know about me:

1. When I was a young girl, I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and to this day, that relationship with Him has been the foundation of my life. I believe that trusting in Jesus is the only way to heaven. The Bible says in Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth (demonstrates) his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
Acts 16:31 "... Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved."
(Yes, this is mentioned in my profile, but I am glad to have the occasion to better explain.)
2. I LOVE singing, harmony, and music. I grew up singing in church and I teach the youth choir at our church. Music touches a part of the soul that nothing else can touch.
3. I was also a highschool ENGLISH teacher. I really hate to admit this because I don't want to be judged for my mistakes and lack of eloquent writing skills!
4. I am a CHIP-a-holic! I love Doritos, Cheetos, anything that ends in -ito! I know-very unhealthy. Chips and salsa was the one thing I craved on a daily basis while studying abroad in France!
5. We have lived for over 3 years without television! We use the Internet and local newspapers for news and watch lots of movies. When I tell people that I don't have "TV" they look at me like I said that I like to lick jellyfish! They think we are insane. Believe it or not, it really is wonderful!
6. I LOVE colors and giving them names. When I was a toddler, my mother, a seamstress, taught me all of my colors with an album full of fabric swatches. Only instead of blue, red, and brown, she taught me turquoise, burgundy, and tan! She said that older people used to love to "test" me by pointing at odd shades of colors to see how precise I would be.
7. One dream job for me would be to create my own line of interior paint or to be one of the people who names paint colors for major paint companies. Yeah, I am a DORK!

Well, I hope you enjoyed learning about me.

Now on to some KREATIV BLOGGERS:
In no particular order, I have selected these seven bloggers to receive the Kreativ Blogger Award on my behalf. Some may have received this award before, I don't know... Please take the time to visit each of these stunning blogs. I visit each of these on a regular basis, and I always feel rejuvenated upon my visit!

A Gift Wrapped Life
1. Sande, at A Gift Wrapped Life is a truly gifted blogger (no pun intened). Her blog is a daily must see for me. At her online shop, Oooh la la Cadeau , her products include a variety of specialty items- Mother's Day gifts (chamomile bath salts, perfumed candles) and birthday gifts (decorative file folders and notebooks). Each gift is individually wrapped in rich beautiful papers and topped with sumptuous satin bows. My favorite thing about her style in her ability to create unique, striking color combinations.

Paris Atelier
2. When I visit the Paris Atelier, I always learn something, whether it's about fashion, Versailles, or a famous cafe in Paris. Judith used to live in Paris for many years and is now back in the states and she graciously shares all of her insider knowledge of Paris with us! I am so glad to have met her via blogland. If only we lived closer...

Bushel and a Peck
3. I found this talented blogger via French Fridays. Jeanne at Bushel and a Peck specializes in handmade journals, purses, clothing, and aprons and sells them in her Etsy shop. Absolutely beautiful!

Gris-bleu

4. Okay, I am going to share a blog with you that I have had on my sidebar for a while. Honestly, I'd like to keep this blog to myself because I just love her blog colors - gray, aqua, and pink and I have been so tempted to use these colors on my blog!! Gris-bleu has such a beautiful blog with outstanding photographs, which she takes of her country- France! I don't know much about this blogger. The blog is in French and I have read a little of it, but she hasn't posted anything new in a while. This blogger's style is consistant- her photos and blog's appearance always seem to coordinate - muted pinks, blues, grays, golds. C'est si romantique!

Parisienne Farmgirl
5. My separated twin as we call ourselves is an incredible woman- she is a wonderful Mommy, cooks better than Paula Dean:), sews, gardens, loves Paris and France, creates wonderful things for her home, has an insightful and unique blog full of interesting contests, "design on a centime" tips (I wish I had thought of that!), political discussions, mouth-watering recipes,... I feel like I'm leaving something out because Parisienne Farmgirl can do it all!

A Bookish Life

6. I found this blog via a great friend of mine. Its called A Bookish Life. This blogger is an avid Mommy, seamstress, and gardener. Most of her homemade treasures are clothing for her daughter and gifts for friends. Much of homemade items are on the warmer side of the color spectrum- marigolds, corals, yellows, oranges.

Painted White
7. One of my new favorite blogs is Painted White by Alice D. This blog is laden with inspiring ideas and showcases the beauty of WHITE!

I had to throw in a couple of other wonderful violet images I found recently! I hope you enjoy checking out these truly inspiring blogs- These women are truly talented! See you on Friday for French Fridays- Lesson Number 2!

Marie Claire Maison

Marie Claire Maison