Views from a Paris window   +  Romantique

I've Fallen for Ivory- la chambre

photo by Marie Claire Maison

If this isn't beautiful, I don't know what is. Besides the fact that the structure of this room is most likely a Paris apartment, the ambience in this room is undeniably romantic. I love how the bed is the center and focal point of the room. I just can't imagine being able to pull that off! I love the canopy of fabric over the bed.

photo by Marie Claire Maison

I love the bed and the thin (is it cheese cloth?) canopy over this simply dressed bed. This room is reminiscent of la campagne (the country).

photo by Marie Claire Maison


For those of us who live in very basic homes without parquet floors and soaring intricately moulded walls, a simple, monochromatic room like this one seems acheivable.