Views from a Paris window   +  Nini's Style

Wearing Vintage [Nini in Vintage Alaia Azzedine!]

I recently posted this amazing zippered leather Alaia mini on Shrimpton Couture. It was a damn hard one to post and I have to admit I did seriously contemplate removing a butt cheek to fit into it but sadly even then I don't think it would be a go. Two or three days later I am cruising through my packed Pulse Ipad app that is chocked to the gills with all my fave blogs (more on that in a future post) and I spot the beautiful Nini in her leather Alaia skirt with a little how to on wearing it.

She pairs hers with a not-so-classic white bow detail shirt and one of the most amazing vintage necklaces I have ever seen
(Nini please hold up your right hand as you read this and repeat — "Cherie gets first dibs on my necklace should I grow tired of it")
Here are Nini's tips on how to wear a pencil skirt:
"If someone asked me to name one item that I could not live without, I would say it was this vintage python Azzedine Alaia high-waisted skirt that a dear friend got me from Paris. I love good quality seasonless skirts, new or vintage, in any type of exotic skin or a beautiful heavy crepe.
You don’t have to live in the corporate world to own pencil skirts. They’re just chic and elegant to wear. You can pair them with a simple, fitted, white button down tops and fabulous accessories for dinner or you can dress them down with a comfortable, loose T and low-cut booties to meet up with your girlfriends for coffee.
When you are trying to dress up your pencil skirts for a special event or formal dinner, I suggest that you wear heels that help elongate the legs. I also suggest that you try to stay away from mid-calf booties. Sexy pumps always look amazing with pencil skirts and they help bring out the best silhouette for every girl."
You can see more of Nini's blog -Nini's Style- here and you can grab the zippered version of the Alaia skirt and more Alaia pieces here.
Nini's photos & quote direct from her blog