Views from a Paris window   +  Winter

Houndstooth? Oui ou Non??

Classic black and white houndstooth always makes me think of Paris and Chanel, and for that reason, I am always drawn to it and can't help but love it. The other day, while picking up a handful of things at Walmart, I saw a rack of little girl's houndstooth peacoats-Walmart-of all places! I was tempted to buy Amelia one even if she wouldn't be able to wear it for three years. Can't you just imagine seeing a little girl sporting a houndstooth peacoat? Total petite parisienne!

Which brings me to the question:
How do you feel about Houndstooth?

Like it? Hate it? Love it?

Would you boldly wear a winter coat with this iconic design, or would you opt for a safer, elegant houndstooth handbag or scarf?

Or perhaps, do you prefer this fashionable print on furniture or wrapping paper rather than on clothing??

In my opinion, houndstooth is such a striking print that a little bit goes a long way, and it can make any outfit très chic.
Which makes me wonder...
Where can I find a little houndstooth peacoat for myself!




image sources: un -Dustjacket attic; deux - pinterest; trois - à la parisienne