Views from a Paris window   +  yves saint laurent

Super stylist Catherine Baba in Vintage


Catherine Baba is one of my favorite stylists. Whenever I see her I immediately think of circa 1970s Vogue spreads that featured Yves Saint Laurent. She looks exactly like one of those girls don;t you agree? And being that the seventies is my own personal favorite decade I can't help but love her just a little bit extra.

She recently did a collection for Maison Gripoix of enormous, fantastical jewels and baubles that are so absolutely her it is ridiculous. I see so many people doing these collaborations and the final results are so watered down and commercialized it makes me weep for the loss of what could have potentially been really spectacular. But the Gripoix people let her do her thing and her thing is crazy ass cool. Like the huge cocktail ring pictured above which is one of my personal favorites from the collection.
Catherine is also a huge vintage fan and one of the sweetest people ever! I love the embroidered 1920s robe she wears in the picture above and how she styled it. And I could not resist posting the pictures below — they are a little older, but again are a fantastic how to on wearing vintage kimonos and making them look relevant, fresh, modern and wearable!



You look amazing Catherine and congratulations on a collection that is sure to be highly collectible vintage one day!