Views from a Paris window   +  vogue russia

Russian Vogue gets Inspired by the Seventies


I love this editorial taken from Vogue Russia April 2012. Magdalena Frackowiak is styled to look like a seventies siren in this amazing spread and carries it off with panache. Claudia Knoepful and Stefan Indlekofer shot the editorial and Veronique Didry styled it. Louis Vuitton, Kenzo and Gucci are just some of the designers whose clothes make an appearance.
I would make a quip about borrowing heavily from the past but since that is the entire point of the editorial and was done deliberately it does not have to be commented on. I think they carried it off beautifully. You could easily sub out any of these outfits for their originals and it would still look as fresh and modern. I wish I could tell you that at least one ensemble is real vintage but alas I cannot. Look at it as inspiration on how to (re)style your own seventies treasures!