Views from a Paris window   +  review

Recent Perfume Haul [Latest Exchanges]

Stacks of new perfumes have been dropping through my letter box over the last couple of weeks. Thanks to everybody who has already traded with me.
Noix de Tubereuse is a perfume that I've liked for a while. Sadly, my husband isn't a fan. So I will be wearing this one secretly when he's at work.

Passion is unlike any other Annick Goutal that I've previously tried. This is how the Annick Goutal website describes it:

Passion is the first fragrance that Annick Goutal composed for herself. By recapturing the base of the scent Folavril, she added with her artistic talent all the heady white flowers that she loved so much.
Passion is a tailor-made fragrance, which looks like her, the one of a passionate woman, in love with life...

Passion was launched in 1983 and includes notes of jasmine, ylang-ylang, tomato leaves, tuberose, patchoulie, oakmoss and vanilla. This all ads up to something that I should love, but at the moment it's reminding me of shaving foam.

I've longed for some perfume from The Etat Libre D'Orange range, and finally I have one, Divin'Enfant. The ELDO website says:

..after the gentle top notes of orange blossom and marshmallow, breaks the unexpected accord of coffee, leather and cold tobacco...

I didn't expect to like this one, but it's so far it's been a lot of fun and easy to wear.

Then, out of the blue Miller Harris sent me some of their delicious Figue Amere. This is a fig fragrance with real personality.

Today I received the delightful Cuir de Lancome.

Traditionally I haven't been a fan of leather fragrances, but on first sniff, Cuir de Lancome is beautiful. I can see this one making a reglular appearance in my perfume wardrobe.
As if all that isn't enough, I've also been sent a sample of Serge Lutens L'Eau, which I've only tried briefly once before. I'm looking forward to wearing this one.

And, three samples from Apothia Los Angeles: Pearl, If and Velvet Rope. I haven't even had a chance to try these yet.

More on all these perfumes soon.