Views from a Paris window   +  review

Melvita Gardenia Ylang Ylang [Fight the Winter Blues]

The lovely Shelley from Notes from the Ledge was kind enough to swap some perfumes with me recently. I've just received two brand new perfumes Jacomo Silences and Violette Precieuse by Caron.

From a very brief first-sniff, Silences is reminding me of Annick Goutal's Grand Amour.

I've read that Silences is very green. In fact what attracted me to it was that quite a few descriptions compared it with Chanel No. 19. I'm pretty familiar with No. 19 as it's a scent that I grew up smelling. But Silences is actually quite different. It's more of a sweetened green. Imagine, if you can, slightly caramelised lily stems that have been snapped and crushed. Fresh, but with an extra edge.
I also have to mention my current anti-winter favourite. It's Melvita's Gardenia — Ylang Ylang.

It's a new scent, from the Melvita range, which prides itself on its natural ingredients. If you want a perfume that's going to remind you of a tropical island, this is it. It reminds me of coconut, which is a first for any perfume. Absolutely gorgeous.