Views from a Paris window   +  Petit Déjeuner

My Culinary Quest-The Beginning

Over the past few months, my interest in cooking has risen to new heights.

I tell you what, blogging has made such a positive impact on my life over the last couple of years, and a few of my blog friends can be commended for my sudden desire to kick my cooking up a couple hundred degrees!

*I have learned from Melissa {Reverie} that wholesome foods are a necessity at the dinner table. Her recipes are simple, delicious, and good for the body and soul.

* Angela's {Parisienne Farmgirl} passion for homemade desserts and French cuisine has inspired me to stop buying "food in a box" and to rely on my own maternal abilities to cook for my family.

*And I have witnessed from Koralee {Bluebird Notes} that baking desserts is a true joy and artform.

So, I'm taking the plunge to be a better chef chez-moi.

I won't even bore you with the long list of the things I've never made from scratch; it's quite shameful. Let's just say I've never considered myself a baker.

{homemade muffins with fresh blueberries}
{Recipe source}
I don't plan on transforming my blog into a foodie blog, so don't worry if that's not your thing, but I would like for you to share this journey with me. For all of you excellent cooks out there, you can snicker to yourselves at my lack of experience. From my souffléd flops to my fluted triumphs, I hope this quest will serve a little culinary inspiration and encouragement to all along the way.

images by à la parisienne