Views from a Paris window   +  weddings

Sometimes It's All in What You Learn

I felt dinky-insignificant; it wasn't the first time, either. Here I was under a vast white tent laden with treasures from around the world, and I was carrying in a plastic tote. A plastic tote that contained all 44 of my items for sale. Yes, pathetic, even.

Obviously I didn't think I was going to strike it rich at this tent sale. Obviously I understood that even if I sold half of what I brought, I would still make a marginal amount of money. I mean, how much are people going to pay for a fabric flower brooch, a pair of vintage pink pumps, and a handful of photographs? But I still went... I still set up my miniscule inventory...

I created fancy clothespins to hold my photographs

But I earned something that was priceless. Greater than Ben Franklins in my purse.

I received:

Encouragement. Experienced advice. Personal Experience.

Felicia's Bountiful sign~Truly gorgeous

Many of you who read my blog are entrepreneurs; some of you are seasoned with impeccable style; and some of you are little fledglings like me.

Do you know what means more to me than anything in my new business world?

Having seasoned and successful entrepreneurs give me the time of day for direction, for encouragement, and many of you have done this for me---a heartfelt MERCI to you for this.

Linda- Willow Nest- & Felicia- Bountiful- Two of my the greatest mentors

Two very talented, successful, and admirable women have done this for me at the last two antique fairs that I've attended, and the advice and encouragement they have bestowed upon me has bolstered my morale, which in turn has catapulted my work to a new level.

{Cue- Bette Midler's "Wind Beneath My Wings"}

Felicia's signature handmade paper cones~great for decorating the home and lovely gift items

No, I didn't bring home the bacon, but I did bring home the frying pan.

Linda's sweet signature vintage wedding vases


Yes, I brought home "tools" and knowledge for improving my business:

*Watching customers study my work helped me to see what was appealing and what wasn't-something that is somewhat difficult to do when selling online.

*Linda's advice for my photographs was a wonderful thing to take home.

{This new endeavor is already in the works; however, you know how slowly I move.}

* And observing Felicia and Linda's merchandise and marketing helped me to understand the value of creating my own style and breathing new life into it each season.

On my trip through the tent and to my car, I carried more home than just my plastic tote and left over inventory. Tucked inside was confidence, inspiration, and excitement.