Views from a Paris window   +  Romantique

Soft, Ruffled, Ultra-Feminine... Why I Love Elie Saab

As a lover of all things ultra-feminine and romantic, I would have to say that Elie Saab has become a fashion designer that keeps turning up the feminine dial. Yes, I love Dior and Chanel, and their haute couture still inspires me...

But... I just can't help but be allured to

Elie Saab's Spring 2010 Haute Couture line.

It is soft, ruffled, weighless, sexy, and feminine-deluxe.

These dresses in these pale shades of pink are like walking shimmering lip balms and softly powdered cheekbones

Weightless fabrics, soft powdery hues, and detailed flourishes are what make each of these dresses in Elie Saab's Spring 2010 Haute Couture so fresh... so innocent.

The most beautiful overcast shade of gray, I've ever seen.

A pale Tiffany blue gown...

A lilac-gray gown...

These are just a handful of Elie Saab's gorgeous gowns. More to come next week!

I have already begun fashioning some of my brooches in these frothy fabrics and colors and will be adding them to my Etsy shop soon.

For now, I am off to the bi-annual Round Top, TX Antique Fair, where I hope to find more romantic frippery to add to my brooches and to my Etsy shop... Hopefully in this soft, romantic Elie Saab palette!


Love Elie Saab??? Here are a couple of my previous posts over his gorgeous couture!
Dreamy Dresses
Dreaming in Winter White