Views from a Paris window   +  Vert

Le Romantisme du Printemps

Alors, le printemps est officiellement arrivé {So, spring has officially arrived} and we have been busy working on spring projects- le potager {kitchen garden} and a new venture-(Hopefully, I can share the details soon!)

And we have been enjoying spring happenings- parades, carnivals, fun homeschool activities, cycling, and garden club meetings. Springtime is such a joyful time of year for my family, and I wish it would last all year long!

This year I decided to start all of my seedlings indoors and had the discipline to plant them mid-January. The results have been totally worth it since I have many beautiful plants to start adding to the garden.

I was so "ambitious" that I even started a few green bean seedlings indoors. My dad, a much more experienced gardener, explained to me, after the fact, that people generally don't start green beans indoors since they grow so rapidly...

Ahem... Okay, lesson learned.
I have green beans growing in ma salle de bains {bathroom}... sérieusement.

So, this weekend, there will be many tasks for the potager, including planting my green beans outside.

Caring for a garden has been the most soul-gratifying hobby I've ever experienced.
Stresses completely vanish while working in the garden and my family is rewarded with healthy food to eat, which I count such a privilege.

canteloupe leaves trailing down in front of a gold mirror-great juxstaposition of nature and glamour.
And, yes, I planted Charentais canteloupe seeds indoors, too... I had the space and the seeds and I figured pourquoi pas??

I hope you all are enjoying your spring and all of its special moments.
Bon week-end!

I'm off to go dig in the dirt!
images via à la parisienne