Views from a Paris window   +  fashion

Dolce and Gabbana - Spring 2009 Runway

Photo from Elle.com

Thursday I will be posting other bloggers flair for wearing scarves. It is not to late to submit a photo of your own. See the previous post- Participate in "Whose Scarf is the Most Parisienne?" for instructions. After that post, I am taking a break from fashion (scarves especially!) and moving on to other things!

When I decided to do a couple of posts over scarves, it took forever just to find a few good images on the web. I decided to look at this spring's runway, and Dolce and Gabbana's show was exactly what I had been looking for. Their technique was quite practical, I thought. There were several different spring/summer outfits (mostly in neutral colors-white and black) and a handful of vibrant scarves. These scarves were repeated throughout the show even as the wardrobes changed. One particular constant was the red flower. This flower was clipped to each of these scarves and served as the pop of color.

Photo from Elle.com

For those of us who have lots of black in our closets- black slacks, black blouses, black capris, black dresses, we could use this technique to bring variety and life to our wardrobes, especially on those days when we want to be classic and unique.

Photo from Elle.com

I have never thought to wear both a scarf and a necklace at the same time. I am not sure if I could pull this off. However, I do like the technique of repeating a strong color in an accessory when wearing a simply colored dress.

Although I like these runway pics, these colors are not what I am naturally drawn to. For me these images just serve as jumping off points. I hope that throughout these few posts over scarves that you have been inspired to wear them more often and in new ways. Thank you all for all of your ideas that you have shared with me so far.