Views from a Paris window   +  Romantique

Any Hour May Hold a New Adventure

I just needed something beautiful to look at, so I sifted through some older photographs and found this image that I took several months back of an upcycled alarm clock turned picture frame.

It's funny how we make plans and prepare ourselves for things not knowing our path ahead.
This was one of the last creations I offered in my Etsy shop when it was open.
I remember scouring flea markets and yard sales for old alarm clocks, hoping to create more of these... I have a couple put away in storage, never used, just sitting there...

I never really "planned" to put my Etsy on permanent vacation...
I never imagined that my drive for selling handmade flowers and upcycled vintage accessories would literally disappear overnight, but it did.

I just felt the desire to have less stress even if it meant no income, less spending money. I didn't care. I just wanted to be able to spend more time with my husband in the evenings rather than sitting under the lamp at my desk in our room cutting flower petals-oh how those flowers seemed to take forever to make!
I wanted to start homeschooling Amelia, and I knew that it would be hard to juggle both.

From time to time, I've felt inspired to talk with you about being an entrepreneur and the ebb and flow that's tied to running your own business:
The times of high enthusiasm and energy and the times of rest and lack of motivation.

Right now, I'm in between - graphic designing here and there, participating in something new and exciting, trying to "reinvent" myself. Nothing that consuming but somewhat important to me.

Who knows what lies ahead- My Etsy on an extended vacation, little jobs here and there, a new endeavor??? Je ne sais pas.

Either way, I'm happy.

image by à la parisienne