Views from a Paris window   +  Blog

Une robe simple de bébé

Since I will be out of town and unable to post any new posts for the next several days, I decided to do a short post over the first dress my daughter ever wore. At birth she was very tiny and it was impossible to find a dress her size and my style for her newborn pictures, so with some resourcefulness and creativity my mother, an awesome seamstress, and I, the designer, whipped this dress up in a couple of hours the night before the photo shoot.

The look of a white linen dress reminds me of the beautiful dress Kirsten Dunst wore in the film Marie Antoinette, where she was walking through the meadows that surrounded her charming hamlets.

This dress is made of an old, antique linen (can you guess what it was originally?). Its simplicity and age have such an heirloom quality. I just love the way white looks on a baby's skin!

This is the matching headband that we made. Yeah, I can't help but add one touch of glamour!