Views from a Paris window   +  Parisienne Petals

Parisienne Fashion Plate No. 1- Russet and Denim with a Vintage Twist

I don't know about you, but I always find it interesting to see how women put their outfits together, especially women whom I see often. I am able to see how they reuse various parts of their wardrobe in creative ways. So, I have decided to share with you ensembles from my closet.

I am not sure how often I will be able to post, because:

#1. I am a full-time Mommy, wife, and housecleaner, home maker, cook, you name it.

#2. My husband is the one who photographs me. So, the few times a week I actually wear something decent, he will have to be home to snap a few photos. He must really love me.

#3. I can't seem to find the time to write many blog posts.

#4. And there are also the times when I think an outfit may look good, but when I see it
on the camera, I am made aware that my super chic outfit was, in fact, a "what not to wear."

Nonetheless, I hope that I am able to share with you ways to extend your wardrobe.

Let's face it, we don't always have to buy new clothes to look nice or to be in style. (I am also talking to myself here.) As mentioned in one of my first posts about the meaning behind "à la parisienne" I talked about a Parisienne's state of mind- being selective. I would like to add to that a woman with an incredible look is also resourceful!

How many times do your beautiful scarves, necklaces, and belts remain in the closet while the rest of you goes out???

Okay, so the hair style could use some work...


About the outfit:

1. Dark denim jacket - I purchased this jacket several years ago. I love it's mandarin collar and dark wash.

2. Russet velvet skirt- I purchased this skirt on Ebay of all places and I love it!

3. Vintage russet, floral scarf- I found this scarf at a local flea market in perfect condition.

4. Velvet brooch- A brooch designed by and made by yours truly. This brooch is such a versatile color. It is burgundy & dusty orangy pink. I mostly wear it with browns and denims.

I hope you all have a great weekend. The weather here is so beautiful. It feels like Spring, but as we say in Texas, "Whether you like the weather or not, just wait, it's about to change."

à la prochaine, mes amis!

images from à la parisienne