Views from a Paris window   +  White

Lofty Thoughts

Do you ever think about what you would do differently if you had the opportunity to redecorate a new space or a new home? Or, more realistically, what design style you would follow if you were able makeover any room in your home? For a short time, my husband and I tossed the idea around of adding an additional room onto our home for a guest/homeschool room.
While that dream room, where I may explore this new design style, may not come into fruition for several years, I have been dreaming up the design:

an artist's loft look
with an all white palette~~white walls, molding, and a glossy white painted floor
clean and crisp
a sophisticated blank canvas to hold Amelia's art, my art, our family's art.

I love the ultra chic look of this room. The pale pink accent wall, the frilly pillows, the mirrored table, and the white tables, chairs and shelving all add an air of romance to this blended design of an urban/industrial loft. Of course, I would have to tweak this design. I don't think I could live with a concrete floor.

The "bones" of this room make my heart smile. I love everything about it. I would, however, have to change the style of furniture; it's a little too contemporary for me.

Once the school supplies and art were added, I imagine that the colorful additions would draw the eye upon entering the room {as the pink settee and lamp in this image lure the eye and leads it up toward the floral painting}. I think playing with color would offer endless possibilities to making this dream room a creative and chic space.

This all white kitchen has a more casual air, yet something about it reminds me of a European apartment kitchen: oddly shaped, small with soaring ceilings but oh so charming.

While all of our dream spaces may seem so far in the future, it is always enjoyable to dream about their possibilities, to collect images of desirable designs, to share our thoughts...


images via Pinterest