Views from a Paris window   +  weddings

Ladurée-inspired fête surprise-The Décor

A beautiful, ethereal atmosphere and delicious French cuisine were the two essential components of la fête surprise. "Over the top" is a common phrase my sister-in-law uses when describing something amazing- a well-decorated space, a favorite dish, or a special experience. If you knew Felicia, you would know that she has a finesse for creating things that are "over the top." She's an extraordinary decorator and craftswoman. How could I honor such a savvy woman's birthday with just common balloons and streamers?
~~~

A party at a nice venue would have been nice, but those are few an far between here, not to mention expensive. So, I decided, I could create a beautiful atmosphere in my home with a little bit of planning and moving. Yes, moving. My husband and I switched the furniture in our parisienne salon and diningroom-just for the party.

drama & the unexpected-a trail of peachy-blush lace spills off of the dining table and puddles onto the floor like the train of a wedding dress.

The party took place in the parisienne salon, which receives the most glorious peach-infused morning light.

upclose view of table and beyond a glimpse of the tea table

I purposefully made this party very intimate, with a list of 5 invitees (including myself and the guest of honor.) I wanted us to have a few special, private hours around the table, dining on French cuisine at our leisure and enjoying each other's conversation with soft French music in the background. How many public venues in Texas can offer such an ambiance?

a picture of the birthday girl during her adolescence~ May her life hold many more years full of wonder.

~~~
When Felicia returned home, she sent me the sweetest message:

"We just got home and there is only one word to describe today and that is 'magical.' On the drive home I described {to my husband} every bite, every color, every detail and how special you made me feel. Today was sincerely the best birthday I have ever had but the real gift is you. I beleive with all my heart that God not only hand-picked you for Aaron but he also had me in mind too. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and for a memory that I will always cherish. I love you... Sissy"
~~~
And that is what hosting a party is all about~making people feel special and drawing loved ones even closer together.

Next, I will share le menu...

images by à la parisienne