Views from a Paris window   +  Romantique

Take Me to the Isle of Capri

Summer of 2007 my husband and I led a tour to France and Italy. Our tour began in Paris and ended in Capri. Lately I've been reminiscing about our traveling days. Of course, Paris makes many appearences in my mind's eye, but lately Capri has taken the spotlight. Note that the Isle of Capri is made up of two parts- Capri and Anacapri. All images (except for the close up of the water) were taken in Anacapri.


So what is it that makes Capri so memorable?

Perhaps it's the beautiful clear waters of the Bay of Naples


Notice that you can even see the shadow cast upon the sea floor from the yacht in the foreground.

Or getting to experience-even for a couple of hours-the life of the rich and famous

Photo above is from a boat cruise

It could also be the romantic stroll through the Giardini Augusto

Anacapri even smells glorious~the Carthusian Perfumery awaits for your visit...
Fiori di Capri a perfect souvenir of Capri

And, of course, the beautiful Italian architecture is gorgeous

Is it just me or does this image make you think of California?

I remember walking down the narrow pathways through Capri and
feeling tucked away in a glamourous island

And, if you are in fact rich, the shopping will make you swoon!


I can't afford any of the items in this shop, but I would settle for taking the white sofa display when they are ready to decorate for a new season. And is that white leather????

And a quaint off the beaten path ristorante is sure to make your visit absolutely delicious.

If you've never been to Capri, and you have a chance to visit Italy, I would definitely recommend it. My only complaint is that I wasn't there long enough!

Bonne Journée, mes amis!

or shall I say "Buona Giornata!"

Image of Fiori de Capri from www.frangrantica.com