Views from a Paris window   +  Pink

I Will Always Love Pink

Yes, when I was in the 5th grade my best friend's mom painted her room pink. Katie's room was always so enchanting...

*Miniature ballet slippers hanging from a vintage painting of Peter Rabbit

*An immaculately built Barbie doll house made by her father complete with handmade drapes and linoleum floors, decorated by her very creative and resourceful mother

*vintage handpainted tea sets for little girls gracefully placed upon shelves that lined two walls of her room just a foot below the ceiling...

Yes, Katie's pink room was magical...
And I always looked forward to playing at her house, especially in her room.

One autumn day, after exiting the musty school bus that dropped me off at the end of my driveway, I entered the house, and instead of seeing my mother at the stove cooking dinner, she was standing in the livingroom waiting for me.

"I have a surprise for you," she said as her eyes flicked over my shoulder in the direction of my bedroom.

I threw my backpack to the livingroom floor and dashed to my room...

My bedroom walls had been transformed to a pale shade of pink...

That day during school, my parents painted my room pink... just.for.me.

My bedroom walls remained pink throughout my awkward junior high years, my busy high school years, and some time in the midst of my time away in college, they were changed back to their original shade of white...

Although my pink bedroom walls in my parent's house have been "erased," I managed to carry pink with me to my adult home-my home.

Yes, there is even a little pink in my bedroom now.

Someday... maybe soon, I will show you.

Image #1 This Is Glamorous; Image #2 Daily Bits of Beauty; Image #3 Daily Bits of Beauty