Views from a Paris window   +  wearing vintage

Wearing Vintage [Basma in Adele Simpson from Shrimpton Couture]


I love being able to share today's post for you because the girl in the photos is one of my very own beautiful clients wearing a dress from the shop! In a week where every fashion house is frantically trying to claim the spotlight for being responsible for providing every little item and bauble to the outfit of someone whose name may be even remotely recognizable... ..I feel quite smug to show you a real live girl who looks absolutely smashing in her vintage gown! Dressing starlets is fun but I can't say I will ever ever ever get over the thrill of seeing one of my clients, from the other side of the world no less, look so amazing in a dress I sourced. I think Basma needs her own red carpet and she would be best dressed. Absolute gorgeousness don't you agree??

This is also a great styling post because Basma had her Adele Simpson gown customized specifically for her once it arrived. The voluminous sleeves just did not work on her so she had her talented tailor remove them. I love love love how it changed the gown and it is an amazing lesson on how important it is to look at pieces with an eagle eye and have them tweaked to suit you. To be a truly Fabulous Girl you must find and retain a great tailor or seamstress so your clothes are fitted to you. We live in a throw away world but this really is one of the secrets to great style. A style secret rapidly going the way of the dodo birds. Fabulous Women of eras past all had their clothes fitted. They bought pieces they meant to keep and love for a lifetime not the two months of this season. Take a lesson from that please! Trust me — this is a secret you want to know and act upon! A great dry cleaner, a great tailor and a shoemaker that can keep your shoes in perfect condition — your triple threat secret arsenal of style!
Thank you so much for allowing me to share your pictures Basma! I think you look amazing!