Views from a Paris window   +  stuff

Fleur Nocturne by Isabey

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of floral fragrances. Tuberose, jasmine, tiare, gardenia, hyacinth, peony. Even the graceful rose, which was once distinctly out in the cold. They all make me smile. So it's a genuine delight when I get to review a floral fragrance.
I had no expectations of Fleur Nocturne. When I first discovered the beauty of white flowers, I ordered a selection of different fragrances. But quickly found out that these nocturnal florals are tricky and need to be treated with a particularly light touch.

Fleur Nocturne provides just the light touch that is required by these gorgeous delicate flowers. This is an extremely subtle blend. Officially the notes include tangerine, apricot blossom, jasmine, magnolia, gardenia, vanilla and patchouli. I can't distinguish these smells individually. But, without being too coarse, this is a very sexy, animalic fragrance, without the overt spunky quality that jasmine can become when treated more clumsily.
Fleur Nocturne does not come cheap. It's £130 for 50mls. Yikes, I'm spluttering into my coffee just thinking about it. But if you're into 'white flower accords' as much as I am, then definitely give this one a try and you won't be disappointed.

For floral lovers, then a more affordable heady floral mix can be found in Houbigant's Quelques Fleurs L'Original. Quelques Fleurs contains tuberose and jasmine in a classic floral composition.

If you're looking for a jasmine fragrance with a sexy base, then my recommends Jasmin Noir by Bvlgari. You only need a drop as it's strong stuff, it's a sultry evening perfume that's worth trying.